Old November 5th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Radio St. Helana

Weak but still readable in Tucson, AZ. Managed to get their Email
address and send a report.

Terry - how do you like that AOR receiver? Ugliest damn thing I've
ever seen!

Frank
K3YAZ

Ugly as sin and like sin it is very addictive.

The nested menus are a PITA!

But the performance is fantastic.

Very good internal noise floor, very good audio, great filters.
The sync detector is funky, tends to unlock during slow deep
fades.

I am watching it for a friend who will be back in the USA sometime
after Christmas. As ugly and ungainly as it is I would sell my left
nu^H er something for one.

It is much better then the R2000. Slightly better then the R8B.
Under PC control the AOR is almost user friendly.

I just wish I had a real antenna up and that I wasn't operating from
the
kitchen table. Should have my radio room reassembled by next weekend.

Terry

If I had to part with either the 7030+ or the R8B, it'd be the 7030+.
It would be a tearful farewell, though.

Steve