Old January 26th 04, 07:16 PM
OccamsRazor

Thanks for your input. Kenwood doesn't know of a direct replacement but
sometimes third parties do, so I thought I would just put the question out
there. I guess that many newer radios have a holder installed to make it
easier on the consumer.
Thanks again.
"Jim Leder" wrote in message
Don't know if there is a direct holder that will fit, but what I did was
'outboard' a battery holder with a pair of wires. Of course the old holder
was removed, and the wires soldered into place. The 'new' holder is tucked
in the radio towards the back. To replace the battery, I pull the cover,
pull the new holder up and replace the battery and tuck the new battery

back
into place. This procedure and idea is published on the Web, for a

different
but similar Kenwood. Can't find it now.

"OccamsRazor" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is a battery holder that can replace the
soldered in battery so future replacement will be easier?
Please reply to group.

TNX and 73