Old January 27th 04, 12:33 AM
Jim Leder

I just pointed out what others have already done. How hard is it to solder
in a battery every 10-15 years? I'm certainly not an 'authorized'
technician, but I was glad my next door neighbor works on stuff like this.
He had the equipment, the steady hands and the eyesight that I don't have.
Would I want to do it again? Nope, not without my neighbor. It's very
intimidating to take your only rig apart that far, and then wave a soldering
iron at it. Those components are really tiny.
But you are correct, Clif, the batteries do last a really long time. My
Kenwood was bought new in 1993 and the battery died last year. Hopefully
I'll get maybe another ten years out of this battery, and I WON'T need my
neighbor's good eyes and hands to replace it :+)).
73's....

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
"OccamsRazor" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is a battery holder that can replace the
soldered in battery so future replacement will be easier?
Please reply to group.

TNX and 73