Old November 6th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Steve Steve is offline

Default Dead Yaesu ft-890 Help!

wrote in message
ups.com...

I took a preliminary look at the circuit drawings for the FT-890. It
looks like there is a relay that is activated by the power switch.
When the radio was working did you hear a "click" when you turned it
on?? If this relay is blown this is not an expensive repair.

Yes when the radio worked I indeed did hear a click. That's how I knew the
radio wasn't working without even looking at it.
That distinct click wasn't there and I looked at the rig and saw nothing was
on.
I was hoping it was the power supply but I tried to hook the rig to a new
car battery and nothing happened.
The fuses in the line are ok and there is power at the molex connector end
that plugs into the radio.
Thanks for replies and suggestions.
Steve N8NYU