Old October 20th 03, 04:00 PM
Crazy George

"Daniel" wrote in message
om...
Hi there,

I am currently working on a project which leads to simulate EMC Field
coupling to printed circuits.

Well, that sentence makes little sense, but let's plow onward:

The Field couples into the circuitry
through (unwanted) loops and di/monopoles.
I started with modeling a simple loop and a stub. I experienced no
problems for the loop, but the stub is driving me crazy:
In order to calculate the output voltage of a PCB antenna for a given
geometry and EM-Field at a desired frequency, I need to know the
output impedance for this antenna. I didn't find anything on the web
on calculating/extracting it.

Most good antenna theory is contained in an old fashioned item called books.
Learn what they are and how to read them. Kraus, Johnson, Balanis, and many
others. Even Terman, whose forte was starting Silicon Valley, had lots of
good information.

This brings up the question, wether it is possible or not? If yes, how
can i perform the calculation? Do you have any suggestions?

Well, you should have paid attention in fields and waves class. If you
didn't have that class, you shouldn't be expected to work on the project you
tried to describe in the first sentence.

If I am am
totally wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks in Advance

Greets

Daniel

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address