Old November 7th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Steve Steve is offline

Default Dead Yaesu ft-890 Help!

Believe it or not I got it working! I am shocked. Not sure what I did.
This rig might of been mobile as I got a mobile bracket with it and the
power cable was questionable around the fuses (bends in wire) so I replaced
it.
With your suggestions I opened the radio up and started tracing the wires
from behind the molex connector and found where it connected to the circuit
board.
I took the wires loose and cleaned it up cause I kept seeing the voltage on
the multimeter swing. A couple of times I heard the relays partially click
but no power.
Anyways, with the radio in halves I got it to power up, however when I put
it back together it was dead again with no partial relay click.
I took it apart again to the point where it would power up and slowly put
things back and checked power after each segment.
Now the radio is all back tohther and so far still working.
Perhaps something came loose cause I know the pervious owner did a Mars mod
on the radio and who knows what was done if there were other owners.
Thanks for everyones help.