Old January 27th 04, 02:11 AM
Jack Erbes

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:09:11 +0000 (UTC), (Paul Erickson)
wrote:

I have a Fluke 27 whose display does not show some of the segments when it should.
Is this a known problem, and if so, is there a fix that is worth doing???

Thanks in advance.

I have a Fluke 79 that had that problem. I was told to disassemble
the meter to the point that the LCD panel contacts could be cleaned.
I did that and it came back perfect. Has been goof for several years
since. If you 27 has a similar display this might fix it.

It don't remember the steps but it is fairly intuitive for someone
with electronic and mechanical skills. The meter was removed from the
case and the LCD panel taken out of it mounting. The LCD panel is
sort of modular with contacts along one side or end. Those contacts
and the contacts they go into were cleaned with alcohol and a soft
cloth.

I think I also used an extra fine rubber abrasive stick I had on them
to brighten them up a little more. That was my idea and it did not
hurt anything.