Old November 8th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.radio.pirate,rec.radio.shortwave
Stagger Lee Stagger Lee is offline

Default Omega One Radio is back on the air

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 21:48:10 -0500, wrote:
: On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:47:02 +0000 (UTC), Stagger Lee
: wrote:
:
: On 6 Nov 2006 16:31:39 -0800, N9OGL wrote:
: :
: : Steve, I suggest you read Part 15, Part 15 has nothing to do with power
: : (in Wattage) it has to do with the field strength (maininly the
: : electrical field of the electromaganetic wave) you can put out 100
: : watts and still have the field strength as prescribed under part 15 (on
: : 13.556 MHz it 15,848 microvolts per meter at a distance of 30 meters
: : (90 Feet) CB radio's which run 4 - 5 watts is 10,000 microvolts per
: : meter at 30 meters.....but you wouldn't know anything about that now
:
: Odd. If you take the formula for an isotropic radiator emitting P
: watts and solve it for the electric field, e, you come up with
: e = sqr(30*P)/r at a distance of "r" meters (see my earlier posts).
:
: what is odd is that you keep leaving the apporoate contants that
: adjust for the presence of AIR (amoug other thing

Air and vacuum have nearly identical permittivity and permeability -
the properties which control the impedance of air and of free space
and which in turn relate electric field strength to the spatial power
density. It sounds to me as though you are simply blowing smoke and
have no real understanding of what you just attempted to write.

Todd is operating illegally. No amount of bloviating can make that
fact go away. Deal with it.