Old November 8th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jamman jamman is offline

Default Sony 7600gr newbie questions

I have just ordered a Sony 7600gr after having a bad first experience
with another radio that wasn't all that great. I decided on this model
after reading a lot of the industry and consumer reviews, and -- more
importantly -- reading a lot of the suggestions on this message board.
If anyone can help me with a few basic questions, it would be greatly
appreciated!

Is there any difference between using a power cord and using batteries?

In trying to boost reception on my first radio, I relied on a longwire
antenna. Can this be used to boost the AM reception on the 7600gr too?
Or are there better suggestions for an antenna -- if one is even
suggested.

Any quirks that I should be aware of also would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking forward to getting the 7600gr, so thanx for all the great
information on these boards!

Jim