Old November 9th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Ring Tom Ring is offline

Default Handheld transeiver

Kevin wrote:

Hi all,

snip
thought the APRS feature would be nice to have in a radio. If anyone
can help me narrow down my choices that would be great.
Thanks,
Kevin

There are several good reasons that the Yaesu VX7R is the most popular
handheld ever (I think that's correct). The VX6R is also a solidly
built, well designed rig and a bit cheaper. I am buying a VX6R for my
daughter for Christmas. She likes the slightly smaller size.

Either one is a good choice from a feature perspective. That they both
handle multiple reps of the 6 foot drop to concrete floor test is also a
great reason to go with them.

tom
K0TAR