Old November 9th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Stagger Lee Stagger Lee is offline

Default Omega One Radio is back on the air

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 21:32:30 -0500, wrote:
[nothing useful]

I see that you need a great deal of expert instruction. Fortunately,
I happen to have some time available this month, so I will attempt to
enlighten you on the subject of Maxwell's equations and electromagnetic
radiation.

In my absence, please feel free to consult either Todd Daugherty or
Roger Wiseman.

First assignment: Define a field as used in physics, and then try to
describe both static magnetic and static electric fields. Feel free
to use Wikipedia if you get stuck. Later on, we'll move to dynamic
fields, because they form the basis of electromagnetic radiation.

P.S. Maxwell's equations have appeared in my sig several times (see
the current sig), so you were quite wrong when you said that I
couldn't write them down properly. What happened instead is that you
simply don't know enough to recognize Maxwell's equations when they
are right in front of your face. If you can't recognize Maxwell's
equations, how in the world will you ever pass the new, code-free
Extra class exam? Think about it.

God said, "div D = rho, div B = 0, curl E = -@B/@t, curl H = J + @D/@t,"
and then there was light.