Old January 30th 04, 12:19 PM
Gary P. Fiber

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:30:29 GMT, "RDA"
wrote:

I just bought a mint 735- thanks for clarifying this, Gary!

Dave

Your are welcome.. The 735 was probably in its day one of the best
little transceivers made, seems there are over 40,000 of them out
there. The receiver many time out preformed the larger transceivers
in some contest situations. I meet a couple of people who were at P40V
in the winning station sometime in the 1986 to 1989 era. They had 2
radios connected on each band with a switching arrangement that
allowed one to take over the antenna if he heard something. Many times
those ops said the 735 was doing better than transceivers like the
751A and 761.

I am sure the newer DPS based boxes will do more, but the 735 is no
slouch. Enjoy it.

Gary K8IZ
Washington State Resident
Registered Linux User # 312991