Old November 9th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tony VE6MVP Tony VE6MVP is offline

Default Handheld transeiver

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 22:12:56 -0600, Tom Ring
wrote:

There are several good reasons that the Yaesu VX7R is the most popular
handheld ever (I think that's correct). The VX6R is also a solidly
built, well designed rig and a bit cheaper. I am buying a VX6R for my
daughter for Christmas. She likes the slightly smaller size.

Either one is a good choice from a feature perspective. That they both
handle multiple reps of the 6 foot drop to concrete floor test is also a
great reason to go with them.

I'm exceedingly happy with my VX5R.

Tony