Old November 9th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tony VE6MVP Tony VE6MVP is offline

Default Whip Antenna Formula

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:41:03 -0800, "A. Pismo Clam"
wrote:

If I loosen the set screw in the base and pull out the whip, it is 28"
long; I'd like to cut it so that it will receive/resonate center of the
151-174 MHz band. where I do most of my summer monitoring, using my old
[but still working] BC 210.

If all you are doing is receiving then I suspect that the length
really doesn't matter a great deal. Clearly an antenna half as long
wouldn't hear distance signals as well but that would be about it.

Tony