Old November 10th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Only "Would-be-Einsteins" need apply...

John Smith wrote:
In a lecture meant for his inauguration at the University of Leiden in
1920, Einstein remarked:

Perhaps he was correct, you think?

JS

I think like this. Amateurs look, to me, like a couple of guys who
build some equipment (or buy it), hook it to a wire, and communicate
between themselves and possibly others. They keep on developing
different and sometimes better gear and they learn many uses, games and
recreation purposes for it. However, and lately, they make NO moves to
advance it, a responsibility the the mere possession of an amateur
license places on oneself...

Now, I liken the "wire" in the above to the ether. And, these amateurs
NEVER question where the wire (ether) came from, how it works, how long
it is, the characteristics of it, etc.

I think, obviously, that any "NEW" and "REAL" discoveries, developments,
technology, etc. will ONLY come from answering the question which is
implied above or, "How does the ether factor into communications? Will
a(the) manipulation(s) of the ether further radio technology, its' use,
worth, etc.?"

Now, I do think antennas are an excellent place to begin such studies
and research. They obviously, in my humble opinion, interface with the
ether! Or, if your belief in the ether is holding you back, I offer the
following as an example of hunting for it:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/webster.k.../Detection.pdf

This page contains instructions on how to construct a cheap and simple
device to detect the ether. It uses a laser (laser level--mine cost
12.95 + tax) and a few front surface mirrors... (I am still proving the
ether to myself and undecided as to whether to have the same faith I
hold for God, for it (ether)...) I would love to come up with a way to
use RF.

Point being, DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE or SHUT UP and go about your BS
over the airwaves(vibrations of the ether really!) smile

Or, said simply, "Those who can do, those who can't fire up the rig and
rag chew."

JS