Old November 10th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Only "Would-be-Einsteins" need apply...

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
What would you see as the affect causing the red shift effect?

We are immersed in relativistic effects and cannot
measure or see the forest for the trees. If our
velocity is less today than it was in the past, then
seconds are shorter today than in the past. If we
measure a frequency with a second that is shorter
than seconds were when the frequency was generated,
the frequency measurement is red-shifted. If we
measure the age of the universe with shortened
seconds, we come up with a value that is too large.

What if the very first second after the Big Bang was
one billion years long measured in present day seconds?
Hyperinflation would not be needed. And there would
be a drift between carbon-14 years and Bristle Cone
pine rings.

This thought occurred to me some 40+ years ago when
I made a frequency measurement and the time base
selection knob on my o'scope was loose and pointing
to the wrong time scale. I measured 30 Hz for the
power line frequency.

Cecil:

So, you are committed to the universe WITHOUT a universal frame
reference, and therefore the (implied?) Einsteinian Model; but, the
Tesla Model remains, yet, to be proven false.

Personally, I favor the Tesla Model (or a near work-a-like); a gut
feeling (some "evidence", no real [depends on "real" here] proof) of
mine implies it much more favorable towards a condition of holding free
energy in an unknown/yet-to-be-measured form and being able to affect
the imbalance effect capable of producing/containing some form of
kinetic energy on a "self-generating" and subatomic scale of, virtually,
boundless proportions (or, what good is an imbalance if you can't
measure it?) Something akin(?) to that expanding universe and the
"pressure(s)" holding everything apart and having the ability to
overwhelm/overcome gravity itself (I mean, if you are going to dream,
dream BIG!)

Now, I must disclose a secret (well, alright, it is obvious really), I
am a conspiracy nut when it comes to the suspicion that the powers which
be would move to suppress knowledge of freely available energy and how
to manipulate such an energy source which exists in an manner and form
which is "easy" to access and to use in abundant and
diabolically-dangerously large quantities of (Or, where is
Fleischmann-Pons? Have I lost my tether--why won't you tell me--or at
least attempt to toss it again? Is that universe fading from view due
to my failing sight? Etc.) Really, I think they would hide such
knowledge--I would!

Just imagine middle-east terrorists with the ability to toss out a
string and annihilate the world (or just Israel!) Could we already
consider it done?

Regards,
JS