Old November 10th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Only "Would-be-Einsteins" need apply...

John Smith wrote:
Irv Finkleman wrote:
What holds empty space together? Does the ether
cluster in gobs? Just wondering. :-)

Irv VE6BP

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
I suspect you of being a rather "Doppler Fellow!"
Consider that the mere expansion of empty space itself
would cause a red shift possibly unrelated to the
Doppler effect.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Irv:

Your question is an excellent one and your point well taken. And, that
simple question strikes right to the crux of the matter, doesn't it. So,
what is your best guess? grin

Warmest regards,
JS

Irv:

My first response was only meant to be provocative.

I hear your question as a baffling inquiry composed of the following:

a) What kind of table does space lie upon.
b) What kind of "void" does space, itself, hang suspended in? (floating in?)
c) Does the "state of the ALL" exist as a solution, or an emulsion, a
gas, a solid, etc?
d) Is the ether composed of the smallest particles possible, or are
their smaller particles which the ether is composed of?
e) Is "our matter" which "our world/universe" is composed of the largest
particles possible or, are there much larger particles in existence and
our universe only a particle of this larger matter and would that larger
matter be the largest possible?
f) Etc.

To even propose an answer, I would truly believe in, to what you ask is
impossible for me, at least for me to do so in any real way... I seek
answers and have only questions and possible ideas on how to find
answers with.

I often look in others ideas, can you blame me?

Regards,
JS