Old November 11th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
john graesser john graesser is offline

Default Common courtesy

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
If all the seats are taken at a club meeting and a 20wpm code tested Extra
is standing, a no-code ham should give their seat to the Extra and sit
on the floor. After saluting of course.

SC

Removed all the crossposting, since only retards crosspost.

I am a slow code extra, and proud of it. However, if every ham that passed
the tests 40-50 years ago was retested now, how many would still pass? I
know one local ham that has been active since the 1950's and still is an
advanced, he can repair or build all his own gear, but still isn't able to
pass the extra exam. Put a current extra exam in front of most extras, I
don't think they would pass. I would be in favor of periodic retesting, just
like driver license vision testing, every 10-20 years you have to repass the
level of test for the license you currently hold.

And I am not afraid to use my real name and callsign or to build my own
equipment since that is what this group is really about inspite of the
misguided attempts of trolls to disrupt it.
thanks, John.
KC5DWD