Old November 11th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default Labeling mobile antennas?

I operate mobile with a number of Hamstick antennas - fiberglass rods
~1/2" (1.3cm) diameter with stainless steel whips at the end. A
separate antenna is necessary for each band.

The antennas come with paper tags at the bottom indicating which band
they're for. These are surprisingly durable, but they aren't perfect.
The 20 meter antenna has lost its tag - luckily right now I know that
the untagged antenna is 20 but if another one loses its tag I'll be down
to comparing lengths of loading coils...

What methods can folks suggest for labeling these antennas? Remember
that, while in use, it'll be exposed to the elements on the rear bumper
of a car.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66