Old November 12th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
xpyttl xpyttl is offline

Default Labeling mobile antennas?

I have to break down the antenna to fit in my trunk. I mark the whip with
colored vinyl tape at the point it adjusts into the mast, and put a piece of
the same colored tape on the mast. Red=40, Blue=30, Yellow=20. I use
Hustlers for 75/80 since the Hamstick doesn't cover 80, and the 75 meter
resonator carries red tape so I can quickly tell it from 80.

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
I operate mobile with a number of Hamstick antennas - fiberglass rods ~1/2"
(1.3cm) diameter with stainless steel whips at the end. A separate antenna
is necessary for each band.

The antennas come with paper tags at the bottom indicating which band
they're for. These are surprisingly durable, but they aren't perfect. The
20 meter antenna has lost its tag - luckily right now I know that the
untagged antenna is 20 but if another one loses its tag I'll be down to
comparing lengths of loading coils...

What methods can folks suggest for labeling these antennas? Remember
that, while in use, it'll be exposed to the elements on the rear bumper of
a car.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66