Old November 12th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill Turner Bill Turner is offline

Default Need design info on coax traps for dipoles

If your mind is set on coax traps, ok, but you might consider
something different. W9INN uses what he calls a "resonactor" in his
trap dipoles and I think they are far better. Basically, they are just
a single layer coil which is carefully trimmed to resonate at the
desired frequency with its own self-capacitance. There is no other
capacitance needed. The advantages are two: Very low loss and very
high power handling capability. I have run 1500 watts of RTTY under
contest conditions for years into mine with no problems at all.
Conventional traps, whether L/C or coax would probably have given
problems my now with that power level and type of operation.

You do need a grid dip meter to tweak them, but that is true of other
traps too.

W9INN is now an SK, but his ideas live on.

Bill, W6WRT