Old November 12th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Trane furnace radio/TV interference

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..

snip

As you describe your setup it does meet USA National Electrical Code. Your

home
should have ONLY one earth connection, not two!
/s/ DD

I don't know about that! I had some work done which involved an upgraded
service entrance and new breaker panel. The electrician added a second
ground via a ground stake beneath the panel, despite the original (1967)
ground via the cold water inlet pipe being intact and sound.

(I will concede that he didn't quote chapter and verse in the NEC; he may
have been following a local code requirement. I know he wasn't padding the
bill, as he was doing the job at the behest of my son, from whose business
he was buying his supplies. (Still does.)

"Sal"