Old July 19th 03, 04:21 PM
Jim Kelley

"W5DXP" wrote in message
Jim Kelley wrote:
You're sourcing and sinking an additional 33.33 watts, and yet the
wattmeter can't discern the difference between this scenario and the 100
watt, single source scenario.

But that sourcing and sinking is occurring *INSIDE* the SGCL(150). The net
power inside SGCL(150) is 100W dissipated, *exactly* like the other

scenario.

Exactly like the other scenario, yeah, like the extra .033 Kw makes no
difference. That's a good one, Cecil :-)

The example illustrates perfectly the shortcomings of the idea of power
flow, as well as some of the faulty conclusions that can be drawn from
measurements made by a directional power meter.

The shortcoming I notice is your sidestepping of the question:

More notable are the shortcomings you _don't_ care to notice.

What happened
to Pref1=25W? It just seems to have disappeared when we turned on

SGCL(150)
and the 33.33W wavefront arrived at the impedance discontinuity. What

could
have possibly made Pref1 disappear?

Hmmmm, never thought about that before. Could wave cancellation be
involved?

73, Jim AC6XG