Old November 13th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Greasyspoon 444 Greasyspoon 444 is offline

Default Radio Shack Black Friday Ad

lsmyer wrote:
According to the blackfriday.info website, Radio Shack doesn't appear to
be offering any shortwave radios or scanners on sale this year:
http://tinyurl.com/y99v3r

Radio shack has ceased to be an electronics store long ago.
It is now just another redundant home electronics and telephone store.
I am amazed that anyone buys anything in there anyway.
If you need a telephone or a DVD player or similar you can
get the same item or better at WalMart for half the price they ask.
The people who staff it from local management to the pimply-faced
teenager wouldn't know WTF a resistor is, let alone a shortwave radio.
Heck, they have enough trouble looking up a replacement battery
for a cordless phone which are grossly overpriced as well.

In three years I see them declaring Bankruptcy and dissappearing
from the USA retail scene. Good riddence to as their recent management
all but killed off their most dedicated customer base years ago.