Old November 13th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
labtech1 labtech1 is offline

Default 400mhz Public Safety

thats right as long as you are only suppying information your fine
if however you KNOW he is 'going' to be doing something illegal
then your an accomplice.

For all you know he is learning to be an engineer that works on this stuff
and is just furthering his education. Stop and think about that for a sec...
HOW do people LEARN to build these new circuits and equipment ?
They have to learn it somewhere..... If learning was a crime we'd all
be living
back in caves.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
. ..
So you're saying if you advise him how to accomplish his goal, and he gets
busted by the Feds, you could not be charged as an accomplist?

Bill Crocker

"labtech1" wrote in message
Incorrect .... knowledge is NOT illegal, its the implementaion of
such
knowledge

example --- knowing HOW to build a BOMB is not illegal, Building

one
IS.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
. ..

"Karnaj" wrote in message
I'm trying to figure out the encryption on our local Sheriffs
department
400mhz public safety band, our local dispatcher goes to 100 to switch
the encryption, it garbles the transmissions to the normal scanner

user
use 2 hand helds a Pro-93 and a Uniden BC80XLT. Any help would be

greatly
appreciated.

Karn

If you're in the U.S., any help to do that would be illegal.

Bill Crocker