Old November 13th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default (2) Working Accurate Instrument 161 Filament Tube Testers with 1 Manual

Peter Wieck wrote:
These are the most primitive of tube-testers. Not terribly useful in
any of the venues where posted.

These things were great when I was a kid, because you could buy them for
$1.49 at the drugstore and you got a neat project box with one of every kind
of tube socket you'd ever need. Problem is that I kept winding up with lots
and lots of leftover compactron sockets from the things.

About worth the $9.99 opening price if shipping is free.

$10 seems a bit much for one, and it's not useful for testing tubes at all,
but it DOES belong in a display case somewhere so future generations can see
how foolish some end users were.
--scott