Old November 13th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Superhet Superhet is offline

Default (2) Working Accurate Instrument 161 Filament Tube Testers with1 Manual

Even Accurate only called it a utility tester. It is used for testing
appliances and such. Poor guy asked if it would test 12AX7 and guitar
amp tubes and the answer was yes and if the filament is good the tube
would be probably be OK!

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Peter Wieck wrote:
These are the most primitive of tube-testers. Not terribly useful in
any of the venues where posted.

These things were great when I was a kid, because you could buy them for
$1.49 at the drugstore and you got a neat project box with one of every kind
of tube socket you'd ever need. Problem is that I kept winding up with lots
and lots of leftover compactron sockets from the things.

About worth the $9.99 opening price if shipping is free.

$10 seems a bit much for one, and it's not useful for testing tubes at all,
but it DOES belong in a display case somewhere so future generations can see
how foolish some end users were.
--scott