Old November 13th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Denny Denny is offline

Default 4:1 Current Balun Common Mode Impedance?

Because of the folding back of the currents I would not expect the 4:1
step up transformer to be a stirling performer at common mode
rejection...
The best way to approach this is to use the 4:1 transformer balun
strictly as a transformer, then add a 1:1 choke balun in series with
it...
Personally I would wind the coax into a solenoidal choke balun
immediately below the 4:1 transformer being thrifty and all that and
call it good...

denny / k8do