Old November 15th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Baker, Pluralitas! Ron Baker,    Pluralitas! is offline

Default COTHEN: Should I Be Able To Hear ?

"Robert11" wrote in message
news

Hello:

Should I be able to hear the COTHEN network conversations of the Coast
Guard, or are they encoded, or do you need some ALE capable equipment to
pick up ?

Would a normal, USB HF capable receiver do it ?

Thanks,
Bob

Hmm. That looks interesting. I've heard of ALE
but not COTHEN. I've google it and programmed
the frequencies into my receiver. I'll be monitoring
them over time.
It looks like the signals are not clear voice but
something should be audible with a normal USB
capable HF receiver.

--
rb