Old November 16th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default My Take on CW - for Powerhouse

ToeJam wrote in :

PowerHouse Communications wrote:
"ToeJam" wrote in message

PowerHouse Communications wrote:

Who cares! CW doesn't belong in a SCANNER group. Discuss it in a
more appropriate group; there are MANY of them, and this is not one of
them!

"ToeJam" stuck his ToeJammed bigfoot up his ass
and wrote in message ...

The need for CW has been waining for many years now and technology has
eliminated a need for it. Why do we still need CW? How many Hams
still use CW? SNIP

You could have fooled me. From what I see here, there are more Ham
related postings than Scanner postings. Are you jummping all over the
other folks that are posting Ham related material too? Or did you just
get up on the wrong side of the bed? I'm not new to Usenet and don't
normally post off topic material, but when I see more postings
concerning a subject not related to the newsgroup, I figure maybe folks
gyrated from scanners to Ham. So don't go preaching to me with your
****ty attitude. You could have phrased your response a bit kinder
instead of being an asshole about it. I'll lurk and see how you
personally deal with the other Ham related postings. And FWIW,
Scanners are strongly related to Ham radio, always have been and always
will be.

No offense, but I don't see the other HAM related postings... All that
off-topic crap is filtered out by my newsreader... Sorry, I didn't
mean to make you feel like I was singling you out, I just don't see the
other crap, there for I don't have a need to "deal" with it...

No offense taken. And yes, if you turn your filer off or use another
reader, you will see a flood of HAM related material here, more so than
scanners. It actually took me by surprise to see so much. I usually
try to stay on topic on Usenet but with this newsgroup, it's hard to
tell what the on topic discussion should be about. Later.

No matter what facet of radio you enjoy, the topic is to protect it by
improving the quality of the hobbiests involved. That's why most will
agree if you know morse code, you'll be a better skilled hobbiest and will
improve your nich of the hobby and/or radio service you're involved with.
A valuable knowledge base for those of coming into the services and
hobby.

Tnx, 73 Good luck in the contest.

SC