Old November 16th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Brian Denley Brian Denley is offline

Default My Take on CW - for Powerhouse

Increase the theory test requirements. Kick some life into the hobby!

--
Brian Denley

wrote in message
ups.com...
You know, CW may be obsolete, but having to learn the code instilled a
bit of discipline and sense of purpose in getting a ham license. Of
course things like mathematics, science and such that require mental
discipline are no longer politically correct so are generally not
required in education today because we certainly don't want to bruise
anyone's ego or tax their MTV indoctrinated brains. So, I guess the
code will have to go.

Frank
K3YAZ
Tucson

Brian Denley wrote:
So, in other words, if you don't know how to develop film, you have no
business doing digital photography? Brilliant!

--
Brian Denley

"Slow Code" wrote in message
news
No matter what facet of radio you enjoy, the topic is to protect it by
improving the quality of the hobbiests involved. That's why most will
agree if you know morse code, you'll be a better skilled hobbiest and
will
improve your nich of the hobby and/or radio service you're involved
with.
A valuable knowledge base for those of coming into the services and
hobby.

Tnx, 73 Good luck in the contest.

SC