Old November 16th 06, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Bouquet to Passport

In article ,
"John Plimmer" wrote:

Today out the blue I received in excellent condition a brand new free
complimentary copy of Passport to Worldband Radio 2007. Seems like
their Jane Evans got wind of the fact that my original copy got
dropped from the Boeing at 30,000 ft when it passed over Montagu -
mwa Afrika's idea of speeding up airmail deliveries. Sadly it was
graunched beyond belief and was difficult to read.

So a big bouquet to Jane and Passport for this friendly and
unexpected customer service, much appreciated here.

I cannot understand why the many queries that come into this
newsgroup don't buy themselves a copy of Passport, as for twenty
bucks it is a bible of useful information for radio hobbyists,
especially newness. It's got everything worth looking at from the
fifty buck radio's and simple antenna's right up to excellent reviews
of the heavyweight $4k serious tabletops. An outstanding buy and good
value for what you get, written by highly experienced professionals.

I have bought a Passport every year for years. I refer to it all the
time scanning the bands. All kinds of good information in it about SW
radio stations, schedules, mail addresses and contact information,
reviews and useful advertisements for equipment.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California