Old November 17th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Not Steve Not Steve is offline

Default Adios

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
"honestjohn" wrote in
news

"Slow Code" wrote in message

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham
bands too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW
and increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We
can't risk dumbing down the service further.

Can't happen because it's not P.C. (politically correct). Would you
want to be guilty of discrimination against retarded CBers? Hell no!
So chill, dude.

HJ

Definition of Political Correctness:

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous old media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the
clean end.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Not unlike what Katie Couric and Matt Lauer do on a daily basis. Or, for
that matter, what CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN do daily.
When a Republican goes awry, the Media plasters it on Page One. When a
drunken Democrat does so, the Media lauds the Democrat for "getting help"
and calls it a "Courageous Step."
Chappaquiddick, anybody? Mary Jo Kopechne ring any bells?
Now, when it comes to "picking up a turd by the clean end", which end would
that put Senator Kennedy on?