Old November 17th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
ablebravo ablebravo is offline

Default More Radio-mart lies!!!

yeah, i had missed due to various complications, the couple of big
summer fests near me, and they are now asleep until spring. and yes, a
28a was on the long-term list too. thanks for confirming my
impression, and that if i go to the right fest i will still see the old
gear. it does seem only the sellers are enthusiastic about ebay in
recent years...... esp for this kind of gear... and my feeling was they
may have been sucking the market outside ebay dry. passed on my
wishlist to my repair guru and parts source, and of course, here i am
in a forum full where 'civility reigns.'
ab

Keep looking, but not on e***y, where the price-jacking wars you
describe are commonplace with items currently deemed desirable, like
the SX-42 (and its repackaged equivalent, the SX-28), certain Collins
equipment, and various others. Instead go to hamfests. Get the word out
to anybody you know who might keep an eye out for you. And join a
couple of the moderated forums where civility reigns and the posters
would rather sell to other enthusiasts for a lesser amount than put
their boatanchors up for auction and hope for big bucks.