Old November 17th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Wouff Hong for antenna newsgroup (filters)

argh!!! you just broke the cardinal rule of filtering! NEVER, NEVER,
NEVER, tell the filteree that he is being filtered out! now 'punce' becomes
'pu nce', 'dumber' becomes 'dum6er', etc, etc, etc, and all the filters you
and everyone else had to get rid of those guys are worthless!!!

"Rick" wrote in message
Since I began using Outlook Express as my newsreader I have been able to
implement subject line filters which are nearly perfect in eliminating the
QRM. Every few days I add to this filter as needed.
If you use Outlook Express and are not familiar with filters you are
missing out on a real useful feature.
All you have to do is hit tools/message rules/News. Then build a new
filter "where the subject line contains words" and then put in the words
that will be used to eliminate the QRM. Works as good as a Wouff Hong.
Here's my current list:

contains 'cw-forever' or 'slow code' or 'democrat' or 'Fcc took' or
'rumsfeld' or 'cw' or 'poll' or 'dumber' or 'blog' or 'crapthon' or
'crapathon' or 'cattle' or '...' or 'flonking' or 'punce' or 'passed tech'

Rick K2XT