Old October 21st 03, 04:56 PM
Phil

Two suggestions: Cap the elements or glue a piece of clothes line inside the
elements. Both work.

Phil, KB2HQ

"dt" wrote in message
On 21 Oct 2003 02:19:28 GMT, Dick Carroll
wrote:

Ron wrote:

My Tennadyne T12 'sings' in the wind, and it can be annoying. I think

it's
due to the ends of the elements being open, and they act like little

organ
pipes, creating a rather mournful sound.

I would not care about this, but unfortunately my neighbors can hear

it,
they say it does not bother them, but I think it would be a good idea

if I
could suppress this sound.

The ends of the elements are likely open so that they will drain any

water
than might get in, but I don't think it would be wise to cap them.

Ron:

I have a T-10 up in the wind at 75' and have not had this problem, but
do not doubt your situation.Have you tried contacting Chuck at
Tennadyne (http://www.tennadyne.com/)? He has always been extremely
helpful with tech support issues; maybe they have run into this before
and/or have hardware to help you resolve.
Good luck
73
Dan (K0DAN)