Old November 18th 06, 01:51 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
James James is offline

Default Best 2M antenna for atv ?

I want to mount a 2 meter rig on my Honda Foreman ATV. I want a
high-gain antenna, either a 5/8 wave or possibly a collinear. I would
like to stay around 4 to 5 feet in length, but it is possible that a
collinear would be longer.

Any recommendations on this ? I know that an atv would not provide much
of a ground plane, so I think a 1/4 wave would be out of the question.

Any recommended "type" (wavelength, etc) and brand for this use ?

Thanks for any comments !!

73 de Jim K4PYT