Old November 18th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Greg Greg is offline

Default LF Engineering H-800 Skymatch active antenna

In article . com,
wrote:

I'm thinking about using this antenna for a condo I bought in San Diego
recently. There is insufficient space for a decent wire antenna and I
know I can sneak this up on the roof without any issues. It would
probably be mounted on a pole about 5 feet above the flat roof surface
with feedline down the outside of the building and into the window.
There are no high rises or structures that will be higher than the
antenna in the immediate area. The nearest power lines are about 65
feet away, however, this is pretty much an suburban area with the usual
load of computers, TVs and other RFI generators. What experiences has
anyone had with this antenna in a similar situation? Thanks for any

Frank
K3YAZ
Tucson

Frank, I use the H-100 in my attic here in W. Central Fla. I have the
one with BNC connections. It performs pretty well with my NRD-525 for
broadcast, ute, and ham reception, but it's not a DX-er, at least not
the way I have it set up. It performs especially well on the medium
wave BCB. Locating it above the roof as you described should give you
better performance.

I did have local noise interference at particular spots along the
spectrum. I picked up a used ANC-4 and it works like magic to eliminate
most noise interference.

I think you will like the H-100.

Happy listening,

Greg