Old November 18th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default 4:1 Current Balun Common Mode Impedance?

Denny wrote:
Because chillun' if
youse look at the so called balanced tuners everyone is peddling these
days, dey haint... hey, I read Huck Finn when I was a kid, also

Even the MFJ balanced tuners feed the common-mode
currents directly through the tuning caps where
they encounter a 1:1 choke-balun on the input of
the network. That's not much difference from using
an unbalanced tuner with the choke on the output.
Your link coupling is a better solution although
a fixed number of turns in the link probably won't
work 3-30 MHz.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com