Old November 19th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio TexMex Radio TexMex is offline

Default What is this signal on 4.005 MHz?

Rayburn wrote:

Its RTTY at 75 baud,

Think its from a news source....I'd pinpoint it for you but dont have my
Kantronics KAM XL hooked up right now.

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote in message
. net...
I'm hearing a strong digital signal of some sort when my radio is in CW
mode, on 4.005 MHz in north Texas during the evening hours. Sounds like
high-speed Morse code. I've done a web search with no luck, except that
Vatican Radio supposedly transmits on that frequency. Any idea what this
is
and where it's coming from?

Thanks!

Matt J. McCullar, KJ5BA
Arlington, TX

Its coming in s9 and over in Austin.
I'm trying to decode it with LinPSK Software for Linux, but no such luck.
I'm new to the data modes and so far the only thing I can successfully
decode is ham rtty. Is there something else going on with this feed,
encryption maybe? Also, I don't have the ability to set the baud rate with
this software. Should that matter?

Thanks -
- Matt