Old November 19th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Merlin-7 KI4ILB Merlin-7 KI4ILB is offline

Default OT Operating question

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
I have lost track of the year I received my Ham License. I have known
for a long time that I no longer had the info but it seemed a
non-issue until last night. I heard quite a few stations on 20M in the
Sweep Stakes Contest. I usually make a few contacts just for fun when
I encounter a contest. I was unable join in last night because one of
the information bites required was the year of license. I suspect the
FCC and the ARRL no longer have the data. I am disinclined to
intentionally lie. The best I can do is make a guess of 1960.

Does anyone have access to call books around that time? It was a long
time before I could afford a call book...

BTW, I received my W8 call when others were getting K8's.

John Ferrell W8CCW

I forget where it was but back in the mid 60s? The fcc lost a lot of
records when the building burnt down.
Joe