Old November 19th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dave WB4IUY Dave WB4IUY is offline

Default Problems with ARRL Incoming buro?

I've been wrestling with the incoming W4 two-letter prefix buro for
over two years. Have sent out hundreds and hundreds of cards, have sent
multiple batches of stamped envelopes and extra postage (just in case),
but have received only 7 cards in the last 2 years. I've done the
legwork to find out where the problems are, and loads of DX stations
tell me they've sent a card via buro. Maybe some of them are pulling my
leg, but I doubt that a few hundred are.

I've been an ARRL member since the mid-70's, and the buro worked well
until sometime around '03. At this point, I can't even get a reply to
emails to check on the problem. I posted this question on my local club
reflector (120-ish members), and got several replies from people with
the same exact experience, some who simply gave up and only QSL direct
now, as a result. I find it hard to believe the problem is localized,
but perhaps it is...hence this question.

Over the last year I've written to several other ARRL officials' email
addresses from the ARRL website, in hopes of getting someone to look
into the problem, but I've never received a reply from ANYONE else at
the league. Please reply if you are also having problems. You may email
me direct at , if you don't want to post in a public
forum. I'd like to get to the bottom of this problem, or just quit
giving the ARRL money (after 30+ years!), if the league has no interest
in taking corrective action on behalf of it's membership.

Dave Hockaday
WB4IUY