Old November 20th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default WTB: B&W 51SB-B Audio Transformer

Michael Black wrote:
Scott Dorsey ) writes:
Primary 20,000 ohms single plate 10MA DC
Secondary 500 ohms

Ahh, wait, you DID give impedances!

What you want is a 20K to 600 ohm line output transformer. I bet a nickel
Hammond makes one.

There was a time when everyone made them. If you were making a phasing
rig, you'd need those to interface with the B&W phasing network (the
ones that came in a package like a metal tube). The B&W seemed to
be the most common, but I think the other similar networks (Central
Electronics was another manufacturer) used the same sorts of transformers.

You saw transformers like this in most audio equipment... you'd see a
single-ended output stage, often a 6AQ5 or even a 6V6, driving an output
transformer for a 600 ohm output. This was one of the most common
transformer types around because everyone used them for their output
stages.

But you're right... Hammond doesn't have anything in the catalogue,
although they do have a 20k to 32ohm output transformer.
--scott