Old November 20th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default WTB: B&W 51SB-B Audio Transformer

Gene Marcus wrote:
Thanks for the tip Ed, but I have used T-201 to replace T-204 in the
past. T-202 is bad. When all is said and done, I will probably have to
use the two good original transformers as a matched pair in the output
circuit (T-202 and T-203) to maintain balance.

Sowter 9915. Freaking expensive but it's what you want.
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~sowter/a...FORMERS_5.html

I am really, really surprised Hammond doesn't still make one.

I don't know why the audio transformers seem to be the weak link in
this rig. The B+ is correct and I'm measuring 4 ma through the
high Z winding, well below the rated 10 ma.

Probably because they got the cheapest possible transformers from a low
bidder, since they were commodity items. And they have a huge number of
turns of tiny wire in the primary, so it doesn't take much to damage one.
--scott