Old November 21st 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default Tapped capacitor tanks

Hi Roy,

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
Sorry, no. EH antenna inventors and apologists notwithstanding, the phase of
current doesn't change as it goes through a capacitor.

Agreed. I'm being rather loose in my terminology here, what I mean by "you
get 90 degrees of phase shift going through the capacitor" is that the voltage
across the capacitor ends up (must be) 90 degrees out of phase with respect to
the reference current as you consider the capacitor's effect.

You don't disagree that the voltage at the top of a tapped capacitor L-C tank
is 180 degrees out of phase what that at the bottom at resonance, do you?

---Joel