Old November 21st 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default 4 Steps for better amateur radio operators.

"Not Lloyd" anon@anon wrote in :

"Slow Code" wrote in message
k.net...
I'm re-posting this because Markie took a crap on it last time and some
of you might have gotten confused.

Step 1: No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and
pass all elements required for their license class.

Step 2: The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

Step 3: Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for
Extra.

Step 4: Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.

Tnx, 73, Good luck in the contest.

SC
.
Imagine what step #4 would do to two meter HT sales. The no-coders would
be selling them on Ebay at a record rate. Or selling them to fellow
CBers. Of course there is the added benefit of not having our local two
meter repeaters jammed up with no-coders telling one another, "You are
full quieting here.." (DUH??)
Simplex two meter freqs will be safe, however. Most no-coders don't know
what simplex is.

It won't be that bad, a lot of no-coders will uprade. Only the sick,
lame, and lazy will get out and flood eBay with ham gear, but since the
sick, lame and lazy are like CB'ers we don't want them in the amateur
service anyway. They aren't motivated enough to improve it, or themselves.

SC