Old November 21st 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default My Take on CW - for Powerhouse

wrote in
ups.com:

Well, I'm excited about learning code. I have been given some great
websites for practice. And I'm going to try to test in January 2007.
I don't know if I can be ready that quick - but I'm going to give it a
shot. Also, I have been encouraged by several hams to learn the
sounds as complete thoughts instead of learning just letter
recognition. A bit like learning to read, I guess - so I will try that
method. Thanks for the hints.

Good luck with it. We love helping people that want to good hams get a
license. That's a good point on learning CW. As you get better and
faster at it, you don't hear individual letters, you hear and your mind
memorizes the sound of whole words.

Markie will probably flame you for wanting to learn CW, but just ignore
Markie, he's a retard.

SC

Slow Code wrote:
No matter what facet of radio you enjoy, the topic is to protect it by
improving the quality of the hobbiests involved. That's why most will
agree if you know morse code, you'll be a better skilled hobbiest and
will improve your nich of the hobby and/or radio service you're
involved with. A valuable knowledge base for those of coming into the
services and hobby.

Tnx, 73 Good luck in the contest.

SC