Old November 21st 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default Drake R-4C MANUAL

"tjbitt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I ordered a phono plug
adapter from Universal Radio, downloaded a manual from BAMA, ordered a
7-pin adapter from Don Garrett and scrounged some wire and phono plugs
to make the jumpers. Hopefully this should give me something to do over
the holidays. Looking forward to getting this rig fired up. I also
scronged a 3.2 ohm motorola speaker from an old police unit which
should work fine as speaker. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!!
--Ted --KQ4MZ

Ted --

I am using an old metal Motorola speaker (circa 1961 - gray and black - 5
years younger than me)
in very good condition on my Drake R-4C -- it sounds very good.

The rubber on these old cords are brittle -- so I replaced it with new 18-2
lamp cord (black) from the local hardware store (Ace). Reinstalled the
Heyco strain relief, put a new Switchcraft phono (RCA) plug on the end of
cord and hooked it up !

Greg -- w9gb