Old November 21st 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Eric F. Richards Eric F. Richards is offline

Default Ten-Tec RX340 Spectrum Display?

"Somebody Somewhere" wrote:

Is there a stand-alone, or PC software-based, RF spectrum display that
can interface with the 455khz IF output of a Ten-Tec RX340? I don't
really want PC control of the RX340, just a spectrum display. Thanks.

I bought a spectrum analyzer at a hamfest that I use as a panadapter
for my RX340. Usually it is connected to the first IF (45.445 MHz),
and I use a broadband amplifier to bring the very low-level signal up
so the spectrum analyzer can use it.

I haven't found the other IF outs to be all that useful for a
panadapter.

BTW, I paid about $200 for the spectrum analyzer -- it's not all that
expensive a way to go.

--
Eric F. Richards

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- Myron Glass,
often attributed to J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940