Old November 21st 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Problems with ARRL Incoming buro?

Dave WB4IUY wrote:
I've been wrestling with the incoming W4 two-letter prefix buro for
over two years. Have sent out hundreds and hundreds of cards,

I've been inactive the last 3 years, but started playing
on HF again recently. When I did, I emailed the Sterling
Park ARC, the people who do the xx4 incoming cards. I
sent an email to , Dick Maylott, W2YE,
asking if there was anything new I needed to know before
I sent some new envelopes. I got a very helpful reply
very quickly. If you haven't tried talking to Dick direct,
maybe that would be a good first step.

FWIW, I wasn't paying much attention but I have received
a few envelopes over the last few years when I was inactive.

I hope your problem isn't typical; I'm going to be depending
on the bureaus more now than previously. I just sent a couple
of direct requests and in addition to the increased costs
for the DX station's postage, I see an airmail stamp is
now $0.84 here. Lucky for me I work so few new countries--
I can't AFFORD much direct QSLing! :-)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see?
www.duke.edu/~kuzen001